Thursday 25 January 2018

Waiting for a Horse


My reason for a blog! 
I hope and pray that I can use this little nook to bring glory to God, as I share about struggles, miracles and everything God brings my way. Here is the story of how I came to get my horse. (Who inspired me to write a blog too)

For a long time I have been horse crazy but I didn’t have a horse or many opportunities to spend time with one, it was really hard. I was discontent and thought God was pretty unfair, after all doesn’t every other girl my age have a horse or even two. But it seemed that no matter how hard I screamed in God’s ear, He said wait. Slowly God was showing me, I needed to submit and surrender all to Him. A verse which God brought to my attention was 1 Timothy 6:6  “But godliness with contentment is great gain.” I struggled with that a lot, but God gently lead me through. After I accepted that, God said, you can thank me you don’t have a horse because you are trusting my timing and know that when I give you a horse it will have been worth the wait. The Bible says “In everything give thanks”.  Then Psalm 34:7 became my favourite verse, “Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.” During this time God opened up an opportunity to help a neighbour with her ponies. It was a big blessing to me to be able to spend time with horses regularly. And through our friendship she has taught me a lot of things. My brother also shocked me when for a present he built me a round yard! One day we were listening to a audio sermon on prayer: I was inspired to pray more and pray earnestly but contentedly about a horse. After praying one or two times, it happened! Mum told me that she was buying a friend’s horse for me. When we had stayed with this friend earlier in the year I really bonded with this horse, and cried about leaving him. His name is Maverick, and nothing’s been the same since.

So pray about your desires. Ask God for contentment; trust and wait. Throw yourself into delighting in God. And He will that’s what the verse says, will give you the desires of your heart.

5 comments:

  1. Awe, that's such an awesome story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lexah! Yes, it is awesome, a story only God could write!

      Delete
  2. wowwow so inspiring!!!! <3 <3 thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete