Tuesday 20 June 2017

Wavering

The other day I was out with my horse and it was really windy. On top of that, there were trucks going up the road; a random dog take himself for a walk and a bunch of other things too. Maverick was unsure about it all but as I worked with him he began to focus on me and what I was asking rather than his surroundings. But when something else 'scary' came along he started worrying again.
And so he swayed between complete trust and fear. I noticed just how much my feelings changed with his too. When he trusted me I rejoiced and when he didn't I wanted to help him overcome his fear, and return to peace.

As I thought about it the reality stabbed me- how often I've been doing that to God. Trusting some times but when I'm unsure and even frightened I waste my energy worrying. The verse that comes to mind is James 1:6 ...'For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.'

I know God used Maverick to remind me of the peace and joy that comes from complete trust in Him.

8 comments:

  1. Wow this is really beautiful <3 Thank you for sharing and reminding me of those simple truths so easily forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God! I'm enjoying having this new place to share! :)

      Delete
  2. That is so true! It's amazing how God uses things like that to remind us of the little facts that are so often forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I often forget that God is just as much in the little things as the big.

      Delete
  3. Really neat analogy! Thanks for the great reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I so enjoy reading your thoughts Person. :) And to think that when we waver God is exactly the same - wanting us to trust Him again and rest in His peace.

    And I had to smile at the dog taking himself for a walk. That is a perfect way to describe it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God is so amazing! He always wants the best for us.

      Yeah, the dog can't really be described any other way, can he?

      Delete